Lisa is originally from Michigan, and moved out west in 2009. She has a degree in Photography and Outdoor Education. She has worked in the field at summer camps, as well as respite care and in-home care for clients in Michigan. Lisa had the opportunity to join STARS in August 2016 and is grateful she did. She is currently our Operations Manager. Lisa handles a variety of administrative work in the office and is responsible for the day to day running of the office.
Why I love STARS…
Beginning in college, I started working with individuals with disabilities at a summer camp. This experience allowed me to open myself up to new experiences. The people I met showed me joy, love, trust, and a different appreciation of life. They changed my life completely. I love being at STARS and with people whose lives daily inspire me to live a better life; to become a better me.
Other Stuff about Lisa…
- Loves being outside in her yard gardening
- Has a permaculture orchard in Hayden called Peace Orchards
- Lives in the valley with her husband Rick
- Enjoys hiking, yoga, water sports, and general outdoor fun
- Has lived in five different states and a variety of towns, but finds the Yampa Valley to be her favorite place in the country