Outdoor Explorers is a new program with an emphasis on skill development. Each of these sessions will be themed around outdoor recreation. The campers will engage in developing outdoor skills commonly used in Northwest Colorado. Examples of activities include, paddle boarding, rock climbing, hiking, outdoor education/safety, and more!
Ages: 6th grade – 25
Time: We will offer a morning and afternoon session. You can sign up for one or the other; not both.
- AM Session – 8:15a drop off begins / Program runs from 8:30a – 12:00p
- PM Session – 1:15p drop off begins/ Program runs from 1:30p – 5:00p
Day(s) of week: Tuesday and Thursday
Drop off/Pick Up: Drop off begins at 8:15am or 1:15p at the STARS Ranch located at 35465 US Hwy 40
COVID-19: Due to some of the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, it is possible that the STARS summer program calendar could change without warning. This includes but is not limited to:
•Prolonged suspension of activities
•Cancellation of programs and activities
•Altered schedules with reduced hours
- Hello Summer (June 30 – July 2) – It’s the first week of summer camp, and we are so excited to see all of you! This week we will be jumping right into summer in Steamboat by enjoying a variety of hikes around the hills. Join us in taking in all of the fresh air, beautiful sights, and soaking up lots of sunshine!
- Get Outside (July 7 – July 9) – Grab your helmets, we’re going biking! Steamboat has some of the best outdoor biking trails, and this week we are going to be taking full advantage of the awesome biking opportunities our town has to offer!
- Fun in the Sun (July 14 – July 16) – This week is all about fun fun fun in the sun! Our new Ranch facility provides the perfect setting to spend time outside with friends having fun. The first part of the week we will work on our sharp-shooting abilities with archery and then grab your teammates because we’re doing field games! The second half of the week will focus on getting your creative juices flowing with lots of arts and crafts (don’t be afraid to get messy)!
- Nature is Neat (July 21 – July 23) – Staying active in the outdoors is such a fun way to stay healthy! Nature can provide so many benefits to us and there is so much to learn! Flower pressing, picnics, and river crossings will be some of the highlights of our adventures this week. We’ll be walking right back into more hikes so make sure to wear your comfy shoes!
- Wet N’ Wild (July 28 – July 30) – This summer has been a hot one and it’s time to cool off! This week we will be diving right into water activities at the Ranch! Grab your friends for a Wet N’ Wild good time of water balloon fights, slip ‘n sliding, sprinkler races, and much much more!!!
- Adventure Awaits (August 4 – August 6) – Didn’t get enough of biking last time? Well now’s the perfect opportunity to get more miles in – no matter your ability level. Steamboat is accurately named Bike Town USA because the trails and smiles here are endless. So what are you waiting for, come bike the Boat with us!
- Out with a Bang (August 11 – August 13) – It’s the last week of summer camp already? Wow time really flies when you’re having fun. We will start the week with a beautiful nature walk through the Sanctuary, and then go out with a bang with a super awesome end of summer party! We can’t wait to celebrate this memorable summer with you.